Saturday, December 26, 2009

Chocolate Crinkles II



Chocolate crinkles are beautiful cookies to give as gifts. They're especially perfect during the wintertime for they look like snowflakes. It has a soft chocolate center that conveys the idea of a cozy home, cookies and milk and a general warm fuzzy feeling.


The recipe used is from Allrecipes and it is called Chocolate Crinkles II. This was a surprisingly easy cookie to make. The only hassle was rolling the dough around in confectioner's sugar. Beware, even after leaving the dough in the refrigerator for 4 hours, it was still quite sticky.

Ingredients
     1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
     1.5 cups white sugar
     1/2 cup vegetable oil
     4 eggs
     2 teaspoons vanilla extract
     2 cups all-purpose flour
     2 teaspoons baking powder
     1/2 teaspoon salt
     1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

Directions
   1. In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
   2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop to shape the dough. Coat each ball in confectioners' sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.
   3. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.



Mix together cocoa, white sugar and vegetable oil.


Add eggs one at a time.



After each egg, the results will be a lighter shade of brown.







Chocolate Crinkles


Chocolate Crinkles

Combine the flour and slowly mix it in.



Get ready to roll the cookie dough in the powdered sugar.


Before...


And after.

These cookies were a hit. Co-workers and friends loved them and wanted to know if I will make more for them. As one person said: "These taste like molasses and I love molasses."

If there were any changes that was required, I would bake them for exactly 10 minutes. I couldn't tell if at 10 minutes, the cookies were finished so I left them in there for an extra 2 minutes as insurance. After it was finished, the center was soft but if I took them out after 10 minutes then it would be even better. I will have to remember this for next time.

3 comments:

  1. it looks too good to eat! wish i had some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you take the step by step process! I am usually too lazy to do that plus my hand is always covered with flour, butter or something else! That would not be nice with my camera! I have to update my posts and I will do that soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! What a perfect holiday treat. Perfect sweetness and chocolatey-ness. Yum! has to be said twice. They were so moist and almost like a soft fudge like texture. Need to go make some more i think. Making myself crave them again.

    ReplyDelete