Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies


Day 2 of Hurricane Irene! What better way to celebrate this perilous day that's full of fraught tension than Chocolate Chip Cookies?

This recipe is from Betty Crocker's Cookbook and it was my first chocolate chip recipe. It has also become my last one too since I can't seem to make any other chocolate chip recipes.I love this recipe so much and it has become my quintessential idea of comfort food.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 bag (12 oz) or 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

    1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
    2. Beat sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips.
    3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
    4. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 1 - 2 minutes; remove from sheet to wire rack.


nomnomnomnom...I'm parking my butt on the sofa with these and a tall glass of milk.

Enjoy the rest of your Irene y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I usually do the Nestle Toll House version where it calls for 2 eggs instead of 1 :D

    ReplyDelete