Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oatmeal Craisin Cookies


Long, long ago, before there was something called Google and even the internet, I would usually find my recipes on the back of boxes. I baked my first oatmeal raisin cookie from Quaker Oats  and am still using the recipe, albeit with a bit of modification:

2 sticks butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 cup a/p flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups oats
1 cup craisins aka dried cranberries

    1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
    2. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
    3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
    4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; mix well.
    5. Stir in oats and craisins; mix well.
    6. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
    7. Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
    8. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.

Oats and craisins before it's all mixed in.

Close up view of this wonderful looking batter.

After the mix.

Before oven.

After oven.

This is such comfort food and because it's oatmeal, I don't feel as bad for gorging on these cookies. My friends love the cookies too and although Miss. Tiffany hasn't really posted up her thoughts on the taste, my pictures are featured on FineChinaGirl.

This is a keeper although I will switch it up between raisins and craisins. It's simple to make and if one didn't have time to finish baking off all the dough, freezing it is a good idea.

1 comment:

  1. Sally! This looks absolutely delicious!! I will make your recipe and the marble cheesecake one!! Mmm. I haven't made a post in a while or baked but I will soon!

    ReplyDelete